Wednesday, June 1, 2011

OVERHEARD

HADLEY: Mommy can I tell you something I learned in school today that I'm really upset about?
ME: (calmly) Sure what is it? (inside: freaking out ?!?!)
HADLEY: Butter is an 'extra'.

Apparently since it is nutrition week & they've been learning about the food pyramid, blah blah blah - she was seriously bummed to learn that butter wasn't good for you - like cookies. I wish I could capture her serious tone when she said 'butter is an extra'. Not to mention the relief I had that that was it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, so much better than some of the alternatives. Although I agree; it's such a downer to find out that butter is an "extra." I wish I could drown everything in butter.

Melissa F said...

I am so far behind on reading blogs that I am just now reading this. I love all the posts, but this gave me the biggest smile.