Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Green Thumb

My mother-in-law gave me strawberry plants for my birthday. We even marked them with spoons so no one would run them over.
Vincent and Lauren helped and we watered these babies for about a week. I think I even counted a new leaf growing on one! And then the rains came . . .

And came . . . and came . . . and came. My poor plants were buried in several inches of rain for an entire week. Is it possible to drown plants? I hope not but, hey at least now we know we have a drainage issue at the end of our driveway.

P.S. We also have 'drainage' issues on some of our windows. And I use the term drainage loosely, meaning they 'drain' inside our house.

1 comment:

Caldwell said...

Wow, I never noticed that you had a swimming pool at the end of your driveway!...what, you mean it's not a pool? Well, at least it isn't next to your house. It pools all around our house so needless to say, we are working on rain gutters right now.

The window problem doesn't sound too good though!