Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Baby Toys

It's funny how excited little ones are to play with the baby gear. Today I found Lauren had crawled in the baby swing - oh, first she turned it on for herself. By the way, this child probably spent no more than 5 hours total in the swing when she was a baby!
Want to entertain your 20 month old for a loooong time? Get out the exersaucer and plop him/her in it.
P.S. As a side note, and for journaling purposes, I took Gentry to Target the other day and for the first time since 2004 and 3 other babies I actually kept her in the car seat and strapped it on the car seat. As I was walking in I couldn't believe how lucky I was that she was content enough to just sit there and I was not going to have to unbuckle/rebuckle her in the car later. I made a mental note and was so excited that we finally turned a corner and now I could be like other moms whose babies sit in their car seat. Weeeeell, no sooner than I thought this and got into the store she starts screaming! And if you have had the pleasure of hearing my last three children scream while in their car seats, you would know that it is a bloodcurdling scream that cannot be buffered by the shade cover or any number of blankets. Luckily I brought my sling and put her in and pulled the shopping cart the rest of the way.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I have the exact same problem with my kids. The sling saves my life.