Friday, October 16, 2009

Hide-a-Key

Last Saturday Chris and I decided we'd take the kids to the beach. We give the kids naps, we get dressed in our swimsuits, pack the van, lock the house, buckle everyone up, look for keys to start the van, then look for keys to get back into the house so we can start the van. (Never mind that we just changed all the locks/knobs on the entire house two days before.)
So what do we do? Instead of calling a locksmith and waiting Chris decides that maybe he can crawl under the house an opening in an undisclosed area (just in case any of you wanted to try it). Too bad he is only wearing swim trunks and a t-shirt. Not to mention how confused the kids are that we're not leaving yet and why is daddy crawling under the house.


This is how the rest of us occupied our time:
Much later, we got to the beach where it was cold and windy but still fun to watch the kids enjoy the waves.


2 comments:

Amy said...

Haha, thanks for the tip. I now know how to break & enter your house. Lucky I live so far away.

And I must concur on the beach. We lived near the beach of Lake Michigan for years. What a mess! Fun for the kids. Not so fun for mom when she has to vacuum later.

Caldwell said...

Oh, you are so lucky you have a crawl space there. All we got is cement! I lived in fear of doing something like that for weeks before we got up off our butt to hide a key in a strategic area so that we wouldn't be locked out too. And luckily we haven't had to use it once!

I have left the house open a couple of times though...but that's another story!

I hope you guys are enjoying your new house!