Thursday, August 14, 2008

We're Moving!

We're moving! Chris and I have been trying for a long time to shorten his commute. We are going to rent a house in Tustin while we rent ours in Riverside. Ahhh, Riverside. No words can express. Well, there are some things I will miss very much and others, not so much - ahem, train whistle.

THINGS I AM GOING TO MISS MOST ABOUT OUR HOME:

1. ALL of the memories with my kids. I brought home 2 of my three babies to this house.  We moved in when Hadley was only 2 months old.

2. The shady maple tree that shaded our driveway and gave us leaves in the fall.

3. The big windows in the living room so I could watch my kids play out back from inside.

4. The pomegranate tree! Seeding pomegranates with friends and making jelly or eating a big bowl for breakfast.

5. The infamous windmill that is cemented down and is fairly common in Riverside backyards (I know of at least two others) so I always knew the direction of the wind. (see below)

6. The original oven that works like a champ.

7. Our nice neighbors, especially Jeanne, who Vincent has a certain fondness for - and her cat and turtle.

8. How perfectly my favorite two pieces of furniture fit into the house that I bought with one of my best friends, Kristi (well, actually she bought the bookshelves for me at an auction, but I paid for them:))

9. The kicking surround sound system that we used maybe once and couldn't figure out how to turn off by not just pulling all the plugs and throwing out some of the speakers. (Chris and I are not very tech savvy but apparently this was a major selling point to guy we bought the house from - I think he felt it wouldn't get used so he threw in a dvd player with the house b/c we didn't have one - we're talking 2004 here, who did have one?)
10 . Our $40 washer and dryer - seriously, 20 bucks each and work great except for dryer door that had little mishap with the garage door. (We're leaving them here for our renters b/c Chris apparently thought I wouldn't need them because we're getting a maid or that is what he is asking for for his birthday?)

THINGS I WILL NOT MISS:

1. TRAIN horns in the night! (Did I mention our new house has jets flying over it? C'mon, can't a girl catch a break?)

2. Give me a break - since when does it matter which direction the wind is coming from?!? I've hated that windmill since we bought the house (paint helped a little.)

3. The peach tree. Smelly, rotten, bug infested peaches all over the ground. They only came one of the four years we lived here (the only year I watered it.)

4. Trains.

5. Thirty-five year old trick-or-treaters carrying Stater Bros. grocery bags.

6. Toothpaste (and gel) colored tile in the bathroom. Is there any style of decor that goes with that?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, man, I wish I could come visit the windmill before you move. Congrats on getting closer to work. Do you think you'll see Chris more? I wonder if I see David any less now that he has a 40-45 min. commute than I did when he had a 30+ min. commute. It doesn't feel any different. So, have you already found the new place?

Bella Beginnings said...

Yeah for a new house!!! Seriously I can't wait to see it. So does this mean our "lease" deal is up? Tell Chris he needs to email Ryan about amending it to the new address. Next time we are in CA we will have to come and check out your place. I am so happy for you.
Post some pictures when you get a chance!

JoEllen said...

Wow...I didn't know that you moved! We miss you guys!