Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hadley's Book-Exchange Birthday Party

We threw an early 4th birthday party for Hadley since we'll be moving this weekend (last minute plans called for a change of date.) It was a lot of fun. It was a book-exchange party where every guest brought a new or used book and we exchanged them so everyone got to open a present and go home with something (not to mention, I didn't have a bunch of new toys/clutter to pack or clean-up).

We played with water balloons, egg on a spoon races, made layered-sand necklaces, and of course, had cake. Thanks A. Molly for coming to help, providing decorations, decorating the cake and reading stories for the kids (pretty much everything a good mom should do).



3 comments:

Ginger said...

Hadley is such a cutie. I am glad the birthday party went off without a hitch. Good luck with the move!

Amy said...

Hadley's gorgeous. I'm gonna have Michael look her up in 14 years or so. They should totally hook up.

Bella Beginnings said...

What a cute idea for a party. I think I will copy do you mind?