Dear Gentry,
Happy First Birthday! When I think back on the last year it amazes me and makes me glad to think that you were with us throughout it all. We moved into our home (where we plan & hope to grow old) one week before you were born. I can still remember the anxiety I felt trying to schedule your delivery with closing escrow & your sister starting Kindergarten. I can still remember the anxiety of not having anything set up for your arrival and moving boxes when I shouldn't have been lifting a thing. But mostly I remember how when you were born Daddy and I got to spend a long time with you in the operating room b/c there was another emergency and it seemed like the doctors and nurses all disappeared and forgot that they left you all alone with us. I also remember the night in the hospital when you wouldn't stop crying and all daddy and I wanted was for the doctor or nurses to come get you.

I am excited to learn more about your little personality. We all love you so much and the sweet spirit you add already brings us so much joy!
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment