Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

The night before Hadley's first day of school she got to go out with her favorite person in the whole world - A.Molly. First they went to the library to read books - something the two of them love to do, but with no younger siblings to interrupt or de-shelf all of the books. Then off to Ruby's for a strawberry shake.


Hadley was anxious and excited to start school and happy to have a friend from church in her class. Here she is minutes before I left her for her first day.

Unfortunately, Hadley was quite disappointed by her first day of school. When I asked how it went she said they didn't learn anything except, "rules rules rules." The following day got better as they put the 'rules' into practice and actually started learning stuff.

2 comments:

Caldwell said...

Cute. Hadley is so silly on top and so very serious at her desk at school! It's weird seeing her without her long curly "southern" locks!

I think 60 percent of what most kids get out of kindergarten is really to learn and get used to classroom rules and to get comfortable in school!

Kevin said...

I love Ruby's. Maybe next time we're in Cali we can go to yours? Ours tastes great, but smells like dishwater.