Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Rest of May Update


Vincent on his way in to surgery. The circles under his eyes are indicative of how little sleep we all got since we had to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. He had also been given drowsy medicine that made him a little loopy.

Recovery. His little arm is so cute in the blood pressure cuff. He was a real trooper and was prepared and even almost anxious about his surgery and kept asking when it would happen. His favorite part: probably getting the hospital bracelets and getting to wear them on his ankles. Least favorite: vomiting right as we were leaving outside the hospital. My favorite: making him laugh and seeing him wake up. Least favorite: the nurse having me hold the gauze over his hand after she took out the IV - even after I had stepped out of the room b/c I didn't want to watch it come out. (Seriously, if I couldn't look at it, why would I want to do her job and hold it tight right afterwards?)
A little shout out: thanks to my MIL for coming out late the night before and spending the night so Chris and I could both go to the hospital. She took care of the girls until we came home and spent most of the day with us only to get in the worst holiday traffic on her way back home.


Hadley's last soccer practice/game. She was much more excited to run and chase the ball around to cheer others on than actually kicking it herself.

And this is what Vincent did on the sidelines even though he was on the team as well. (I will always reflect back fondly on his $75 soccer t-shirt b/c he really only ever participated twice.)


Lauren had to try on the socks Vincent got from the hospital. She likes the little rubber texture on them.

9 comments:

Courtenay said...

Cute pictures Raena. I especially like the one of Vincent and your write-up about the $75.00 soccer shirt. Kids are so funny!!!!

What was the surgery for? Is everything okay?

Melissa F said...

Your kids are so cute. I love the picture of Lauren in the socks. Her hair is awesome, her face is awesome, and the socks are awesome.
I didn't know Vincent had surgery. I guess that makes me a bad friend. Glad it seems everything went well.

Laura Wynn said...

aaww, Vincey. What a trooper.
K, have you been to the Cake Wrecks blog? Basically it will make you laugh hysterically. I'm in class right now (sshh..) and I'm trying really hard to keep quiet. It's amazing!

cakewrecks.blogspot.com

!!

Amy said...

Okay, what did I miss? Why did Vincent have surgery?

Angela said...

Love the updates. Vincent what a little trooper. YOu have been on my mind a tone. I will call you soon. I called your old # the other day and had a long chat with a none english speeker. LOL
Note to self. Update the address book.

Caldwell said...

You are such a tease...seriously, what happened to poor little Vincent? I called your cell yesterday but wasn't sure you still have the same number so I didn't leave a message.

Raena Johnson said...

for those of you checking on the comments - suffice it to say Vincent had surgery on his little nether-regions. Standard and very common (although usually at a younger age) but he did have to be put out. All is well though and there should not be any further repurcussions. If you are totally curious you'll look up Orchiopexy and maybe even describe it to your husband to make him squirm.

Amy said...

Ooh, David would love to hear all about that procedure. Bedtime story material for sure!

Caldwell said...

Vincent is such a little trooper! Poor little guy...

After taking my daughter to get her blood drawn before she went to school, I would say that if she had to be taken in for some kind of surgery, they would have had to tie her down to the gurney and sedate her!

Hope you and Vincent are doing better.